Another great product is now available from DeckWise, a company known for their high quality wood finishes and sealers. It’s DeckWise WiseCoat, a hardwood deck finish that can waterproof and seal hardwood decking, the environmentally friendly way. To introduce this new DeckWise wood sealer, we have compiled a list of the five most common questions we have received about WiseCoat:
1. What is DeckWise WiseCoat?
DeckWise WiseCoat is a premium hardwood deck, siding and fence waterproofing sealer that is non-toxic and zero VOC. It has a water-based formula designed to protect against mold, mildew, dry rot, peeling, and cupping of wood for up to 6-10 years. WiseCoat has a semi-transparent tint that blocks UV’s to prevent hardwood from graying and also enhances the natural grain and texture of exotic hardwoods. It is available in a 1 gallon can that covers approximately 250-350 square feet.
2. What types of wood are compatible with WiseCoat?
- Dark Hardwoods: Ipe, Cumaru, Massaranduba, Beefwood, Cherry, Cedar, Walnut, African Padauk, Merbau, Ebony, Live Oak, Brown Oak, Rosewood and Purple Heart.
- Light Hardwoods: Tigerwood, Garapa, Teak, White Oak, Jatoba, Chestnut, Pine, Gum, Ironwood, Red Oak, Birch, Ashe, Alder, Aspen, Cypress, Hickory, Pecan, Poplar and Maple.
3. Where can DeckWise WiseCoat be used?
Use DeckWise WiseCoat on decks, fences, siding, outdoor furniture, docks, shake roofs, railings, timber framing and play sets.
4. How to apply DeckWise WiseCoat:
- Clean the hardwood surface and let dry.
- Mix, stir or shake the can of WiseCoat thoroughly before use.
- Apply two coats using a sprayer, brush or stain pad. Spray the wood surface with a mist of water and apply WiseCoat immediately. Back brush out any puddles.
- Let dry for 2-3 hours.
- Clean sprayer, brushes or other equipment with soap and water.
- Re-apply WiseCoat when necessary.
5. Where is WiseCoat sold?
DIY Home Center carries DeckWise WiseCoat Premium Hardwood Deck, Siding & Fence Sealer along with a wide selection of other DeckWise products. And if we didn’t cover a question you have about WiseCoat, feel free to ask us in the comments below or chat with us at diyhomecenter.com