A fastener-free deck surface looks great, and the CAMO Marksman Pro makes this look simple to achieve. That’s why it’s so popular. But like every good tool, there are some tips to follow to make sure you use it correctly and get the result you want.
Here’s a tip that was recently covered in CAMO’s newsletter: When you’re using the CAMO Marksman Pro, Marksman-X1, or Marksman-NB, make sure you install from the outside edge first.
This is the process:
- Secure the deck board(s) that abut the structure.
- Position the next deck board parallel to the secured board and clamp your Marksman tool over the board at the joist.
- Holding onto the tool, push firmly against the secured deck board. If you’re using the Marksman Pro-X1, make sure the spacer is set for the desired gap and that it’s between the boards.
- Fasten the deck board from the outside edge. Fastening the outside edge first reduces board movement and ensures even spacing over the length of the board. (See image A)
- After fastening the outside edge, then fasten the inside edge. (See image B)
- Continue this process for the length of the deck board.
By following this process over the length of the deck board, you should have a perfectly even deck gap–and a beautiful fastener-free deck surface.
Looking for a simple straightforward way to achieve a fastener-free deck surface? Look no further than the CAMO Marksman Pro, Marksman Pro-NB, or Marksman Pro-X1–in stock now at DIY Home Center.