A new product from Dupont called Tyvek DrainVent Rainscreen is a solution helping contractors and homeowners build or enjoy high-performance walls made of the most popular claddings and designs.
Tyvek DrainVent is a (patent-pending) three-dimensional honeycomb-textured drainage mat with attached heavy-duty filter fabric that creates a space for water drainage and air movement for drying behind cladding. Providing assurance that water will drain out of the wall.
Tyvek DrainVent Rainscreen:
- Helps prolong the life of exterior cladding. Its unique design creates an air gap that promotes moisture movement and ventilation behind wall cladding, which prevents rot, cracking and peeling problems.
- Is ideal for installation behind stucco, stone veneer, brick, wood, fiber cement, metal panels, cedar shakes and shingles.
- Provides the middle layer required between stucco and stone. Replacing one layer of weather-resistant barrier (WRB) needed.
- Has an attached heavy-duty filter fabric that prevents mortar and stucco infiltration.
- Is easy to cut and install using 1/2″ staples and nails. Tyvek Rainscreen lays flat and rolls tight against corners to offer an efficient product for contractors that prevents installation errors.
- Creates a perfect flat surface for various claddings that is very breathable.
- Is available in a 4′ x 50′ roll. Providing 200 sq. ft. of coverage.
- Features built-in insect screen flap.
Tyvek DrainVent is part of the complete DuPont Tyvek product portfolio that guarantees trusted quality and durability. It grants contractors and homeowners peace of mind by providing a 10-year limited warranty when installed correctly with DuPont Tyvek system products.
Shop Tyvek DrainVent Rainscreen, as well as a large collection of other Dupont products at diyhomecenter.com. If you have any questions or comments about this product feel free to leave them below.